Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Cheerleader out!

I made this little outfit yesterday for Sweet pea for her 7yr old brother's playoff game. I only wish I had made it sooner for her because She loves it! I got the idea for this when at the first playoff game the cheerleaders didn't come. (1 1/2hr drive!) That and the cheer leaders outfits are purple and white which don't match the boys black and camo. I didn't make a real cheer leader top because it is the end of the season so I used the hopscotch top so I can use it for all of fall/winter for her.

I used the 2+2 skirt pattern for the bottom. The skirt is pleated but Sweet pea wore them last night and it got wet so it needs pressed. And if you look closely at the skirt you can see bits of cookie on it too,lol. I wasn't able to get any pictures yet of her wearing it because of the game got rained out before it even started. So the game should be tonight as long as the rain holds out this afternoon. (right now it is pouring!!)

I followed the directions for the skirt from start to finish. After that I made a 1" bias strip and added white ribbon to both top and bottom of the bias strip as I sewn it on. Pretty easy to do. Better luck tonight for the boys!

Happy Sewing!!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments