Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What I have not been doing



Ok, so obviously I have not been sewing...nothing, nada. I have been feeling so good, I have had the flu then a virus then my medicine for heart started not working so well any more.  Oh yah, I also have surgery now scheduled for next month to have my thyroid removed. (Hopefully, and praying, this will fix all my health problems!) So I decided sewing was not happening. Now don't get me wrong, I have been planning sewing. : ) Lots and lots of sewing!


Like a new strawberry dress for Sarah that we seen on The Cottage Mama blog. We are making ours pink color tones. I have two sailor dresses planned for missy too. I want to make little man a new sailor suit too complete with a hat.
My nephew and his wife just had a new baby boy I am wanting to make an outfit for.

Now for the exciting part!

After drooling over some of Nicole's and Justine's dresses I have broke sown and bought myself some patterns, yes for me!


Three deer and Doe and two Collette patterns. I even bought five yards of some fabric that I would normally not buy. I am super excited to try al these patterns out. Well see how long it take for me to get into gear. But first I want to finish those last four projects for the Little Things To Sew Book Challenge.


Wish me lots of luck and sewing time!

Sharon

12 comments:

  1. I will keep you in my thoughts. I hope you feel better. I just went almost a year without sewing or doing much of anything else because of health problems, but my surgery seems to have worked and I have started sewing some small projects. I hope you get the same outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is great to hear that you are feeling better. : ) I don't think I have ever felt this bad before but I do look forward to after surgery.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Sharon - you poor thing - thinking of you lots xxx I hope all goes well for you, and that you get your health and energy back asap.

    I am eagerly awaiting seeing your sewing plans come to life - which patterns and fabric did you buy? (and happy that I enabled you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine, I just don't feel like myself when I ma not sewing.
      I bought the Chantilly dress, I just adore yours! I picked up the cloud 9 fabric for this "palos Verde voile" in the coral. I will not lie I have the most excited about this dress! I can't tell you how many time I have looked at this pattern but have not ordered it until now.
      I also bought the Hawthorn pattern. From Deer Doe I bought those cute shorts patterns and picked up two dress patterns, one like the silk dress Nicole just made and the one you just made. I really hope to do more sewing for myself this year.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I love that fabric Sharon - have had it on my wish list since Hawthirne Threads first listed it. It will make a beautiful Chantilly. You'll like the Deer & Doe patterns - they are so nice to sew.

      Delete
    3. That's what I thought! I always see fabric that I want for myself and never buy it but not this time, I seen where it was selling quick so I snatched up. Now the hard part is waiting on the fabric to arrive. ; )

      Delete
  3. Ooh, how exciting! I can't wait to see what you come up with. And I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it!? I have sewn so much for all the kids that I have really put myself on the back burner. I felt good just taking the time and money on something I really wanted and didn't need. I never do that! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I'm sorry you're not feeling well!! That sucks. But I love the idea of you sewing for yourself! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it sure does suck. I can barley make it through the day sometimes. I sure am hoping the surgery fixes all of it. I do love the idea of sewing for myself too, so fun planning things out!

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry that you've had a rough go of it lately with your health. I hope having your thyroid removed helps, Sharon. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy. I look forward to sewing for me for once! I was so happy just to place the order on the patterns I can't wait to try them out. : )

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments