Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Izzy and Ivy Stella Dress, The Queen of Hearts


Today was school registration day for the three youngest so Sweet pea was able to wear one of her new dresses over to school. (Prince C wore his smore Sketchbook shirt with navy shorts). She chose her favorite Stella, her Queen of hearts Alice in Wonderland version. I am nuts over the new versions of the Alice in Wonderland movies. It's many the costumes. I would love to try and sew many of the wardrobe up but settled for this dress for now. ;) 


The pattern is the Stella from Izzy and Ivy with a skirt mod I made to it after seeing all of Jessica's dress. The wonderful part about this pattern is that each fabric I had only one yard of it and made this with a few left over scraps to go into my Children's Library quilt blocks. (A year long sew along I am in, I will share that here soon as I catch up!!) The funny thing about this dress is that Sweet pea was not sold on the fabric choice until the dress was done. She sure has a mind of her now! 


We both love the fit of the Stella. She said it is very comfortable and pretty. I made two already and have plans for at least two more for this autumn to be made. One will be shirt with a few mods made to it. I will share a tutorial when I have it all made on how to! 


This dress even has a lovely sash for my girly girl. All the gold on both dress fabrics and hem band/sashing is metallic. Perfect for the Queen of Hearts. 


I still cannot believe that this little girl will be starting second grade here within the month. The years have flow by and I am sure they will not slow down any time soon. I will try to hold on to her a little more tightly and savor the time. 


You can find the Stella pattern over on the Izzy and Ivy Etsy shop here. I highly recommend all of her patterns! 

Happy Sewing!

Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments