Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Fairy Tale Christmas and A Sew A-Long


Christmas sewing has started in my house these past few weeks, first up was miss Sweet pea's turn. I sewn her two Oliver and S Fairy Tale dresses this year for the Holiday season, one dressy and one fun. 


The more dressy one was made in non traditional colors using the Art Gallery Wonderland line. Well these are the colors Sweet pea loves at the Christmas so to her is says Christmas all the way! 


I love this dress pattern for so many reasons. The darts on the bodice makes it look just right for parties and I love all the options this pattern has, each one gives a dress a totally different look to it.  The possibilities seem endless.  


The Art gallery dress is made in View B. I love how it has the hand stitching on the sleeves and skirt to give it a lovely finish. The darts give this dress a more tailored look.  


The skirt on this dress has such a beautiful full look because not only does this dress have a fully lined inside with skirt lining but also has a full Crinoline between the skirts as well. My daughter thinks that this is the perfect party dress for dancing.  


Now our fun version of the fairy Tale! This one is made with Sweet pea's favorite Nutcracker fabric. It is not Christmas with out the Nutcracker ballet so when she seen this fabric she wanted a dress made in it. 


I made View A on this dress. It has beautiful tulip cap sleeves and a hand sewn belt with a tiny bow sewn onto the front side. 


This was one dress I couldn't get her to sit still in for photos so it is a fun dress that she wanted! ha-ha! Prince C wanted a vest made with this fabric as well so stayed tuned for tomorrow for a brother sister matching outfits! 


Now for the exciting part, the Sew Along!! Over at Whimsical fabrics this next month starting on the 7th I will be leading the fairy Tale Dress Sew Along! It is the perfect time to get ready for the holiday and party season with us. 


It gets even better, Danielle at WF has put together four lovely kits, each kit comes with everything you need to sew either views of the fairy tale dress up! A one stop shop. You can go over the shop to purchase your kit or even just the pattern if you have other fabric in mind. Plus if you join us you could win some awesome prizes, how awesome is that?! 



The Sew Along lessons will be posted up on the Whimsical Fabrics Face Book Group, please join us there?


I hope to see you there!! 

Sharon 





3 comments:

  1. Sharon, she is lovely and getting so grown up.
    I adore the purple dress with the white bow and collar, beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicole, she is becoming a beautiful young lady I think. The purple dress colors suit her well. I am hoping to make the boys outfits to complement this dress of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the Fairytale dress. Both versions are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments