Monday, November 23, 2015

A Party Dress For Me!




This past week I was a very lucky lady to be able to test Suzanne's newest pattern From Winter Wear Designs, the Bateau Garden Dress for Women. This pattern will release this week, just in time for all the holiday parties coming up and this dress is perfect for a party! 




I love the classic feel this dress has to it, form fitting with princess seams on both the front and back bodice. It has a size invisible zipper with a fully lined bodice and the option to have a fully lined skirt. (Which I did not make.) 


I love the high front bodice and the low back bodice on this one. It has that 1950s feel I think. I can see me making a nice cotton or voile one up for summer time. 


This one I made is a Brocade, I love the weight it has and the drape it gives to the skirt. I made a circle skirt but he patter also has a  rectangle skirt option. I think the circle skirt is just so flattering though. The circle skirt has a box pleat at each princess seam as well. 




If you are friends of mine you already know how I dislike the scar at my neck line, well this dress covers it completely!! Yep, bonus points to this pattern. ;-) And check out the side zipper! Well check out how you can't see it. ha-ha! 

This is a highly recommended pattern of mine, a new favorite for me for sure. 


happy Sewing Ladies!! 


Sharon 





2 comments:

  1. Sharon, you are glowing.
    What a beautiful young woman you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! This dress is absolutely smashing on you! That gorgeous fabric! The luxurious folds of circle skirt! You're right, it has a very 1950s feel, a classic shape that really never goes out of style. Super impressed that you made this - that much fitting would really intimidate me.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments