Thursday, December 3, 2015

Faraway Downs, Some Doll Dress Sewing


It's that time of year again, Christmas gift sewing has started in my house. So to kick off the first week of sewing I started out with a Liberty Jane doll pattern. I find sewing for dolls so very relaxing, just what the doctor ordered this week!


The pattern is Faraway Downs for American Girl dolls, although this pattern has many different sizes for all types of dolls. This dress I made is really for Sarah's brand new doll that Santa is bringing her, the Girl Of The Year Grace. My doll was ever so sweet in modeling it for me. ;-) My Doll is an older version of the AG dolls so her bottom is a wee bit nigger than the newer dolls so this dress is a tad snug on her lower half. If you are wondering yes I was super tempted to open up Grace and try the dress on her, hehehe, but I didn't. 


The dress is fully lined and is sewn in Fabric Finders Chambray. I really love all the details on this pattern. The real princes seams,the top stitching, the collar, the ruffles right down to the wee buttons on the front. It was a such a satisfying pattern to sew. The better part if that it only took me a few hours as well. (Those were children sleeping hours as well) 


Now that I have finished this pattern I have a few more Liberty Jane patterns lined up to sew Grace doll. I know Sweet pea will be so surprised on Christmas morning this year. 



Happy Sewing!!!


Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments