Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tea party Sundress

 I know it "winter" here but what a wonderful cheer up dress!! It looks great as is and wonderful layered for the cold weather with some adorable tights under. This is another wonderful Oliver + S pattern. It was out of print but now can be bought as a PDf on their web sight. And not only is it great pattern but sews up quickly too!!
 I did make a change to pattern though, it is fully lined where the pattern is not. Fully lining this dress gives so much better shape to it. To see a wonderfully tutorial on it you can over to Nicole's Five and Counting... blog to just how she did it. She is a very talented and creative woman!!
 I had to make two of these! A strawberry one for my strawberry loven daughter. I did make these a 2T so I am hoping they fit all summer long too. She is a very tall girl so we will see.
 I did have to finish this one with special buttons from grandma. Sweet pea has these in her room more than they have been in my sewing room,lol. I think she will love them on her new dress. :)
Happy Sewing!!

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments