Saturday, September 1, 2012

Will You Have a Playdate With Me?



 This Playdate dress makes for happy faces and good times! A lovely loose fitting dress with hidden side pockets is perfect for my toddler. Of course it's from my favorite pattern company Oliver + S.
 The dress does go together easily but does take some time to sew seeing it has some lovely details to it. It is an out of print pattern but now available in PDF on Oliver + S website. This pattern sure doesn't disappoint!
 I used Seaside fabric to make two of these dresses, one for Sweet pea and one for a gift. Sweet pea's is a 3T for winter/spring wear and the teeny weeny one is 6-12 month.
 I used a pretty red button on the back of both dresses. My last two like this in my stash. (I am hoping for some more from mom, hint hint!!) I love these little buttons. :)
 I added three of Sweet pea's buttons to front of hers. It's the only way she would wear this dress. She wasn't happy at first with the fabric seeing there is not one tiny bit of pink on here anywhere. This is the trick I use on any outfit that doesn't have pink on it, just add some great buttons to it! That or strawberries.
 I made a yo yo with a little button in the center for the baby's dress. I love wee sewing!
I am seeing this pattern for her Christmas dress. I am wanting to make it in deep red velvet with off white yoke, pin tucks on the yoke, and finish it off with lovely lace. I can't wait to start this! I better finish my fall sewing first though. ;)
 
 
Happy Sewing!!
 
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dresses, Sharon!
    Hope your fall sewing goes smoothly; I can't wait to see your red velvet version for Xmas. It will look so lovely on your lovely girl :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments