Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ruffles and Pink Sailor Girl

 I love the Sailboat pattern from Oliver + S . I have made two tops for baby C and three bottoms. However, I wanted to make it a bit more girly for my little girl. This is what I came up with.
 I added flutter sleeves over the regular sleeve patten. I made the under sleeve in a white knit fabric so it's warm for colder weather. I also added a ruffle around the whole bottom. Sweet pea loves all the ruffles on the top! I used Sarah Jane Studios Out to Sea fabric for the top. Sweet pea calls it the "Pink Lemon-aid shirt".
 I made a 3T size for top and bottoms hoping that they fit all winter long. (Maybe a bit longer would be even nicer!) There is plenty of growing room too.
 The pants are the Ben & Mia pants from The Lily Bird Studio. I bought this pattern for my baby boy but it works wonderful for Sweet pea too. I am going to have to make my 6 year son a pair too. I love the fit of these. Very roomy for lots of running and climbing that this crazy girl does. These were so easy to make too. Lots of color picture to guide you through making them.
 Her pants are in a charcoal corduroy. These a have bit of stretch in them so it worked great for pants for her and oh so soft is the fabric to the touch!
 I always have a bit of stretching going on when I hem my knits so this time I iron on a bit of interfacing where I knew I would be stitching the hem before hand and had no stretching this time at all. :) It's about time too. ;)
 Here is a closer look at the pants, it has some great belt loops on these. I used buttons that my grandma sent.  (thanks grandma!) She sent this big bag of them. Sweet pea had a lot of fun searching through the buttons. She even slept with a little pink one all night long. :) The back of the pants I made heart pockets for girly, girl too. She loves these the most about the the pants.
I am so happy to finish a whole outfit. Lately I have been making a top here and another pants here but never the whole outfit. Maybe I can finish all the outfits I started this week....maybe.
 
 
 
 
 
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments