Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Preview 2013

I have not blogged I have been working on Easter outfits for the kids. I am really hoping that I do get them done really soon seeing how Easter is almost here.
Prince C's is Michie' knicker #103 pattern. I have been following her blog for a few months and finally bought some of her adorable patterns for my baby. They remind me of the way baby boys use to be dressed. Super cute!

The pattern was pretty easy to follow. This was the second outfit I have ever smocked, it's not perfect but I am super happy with it. Thank you Tamara for all the help! :  ) I will have to frame this on the wall after Easter. ; )
This was the first time I made piping too. I used left over blue fabric from his bubble outfit. I am wanting to make this little guy a few more of these up for spring weather. It looks roomy for a crawling, wiggly baby to play in.

I did get the boys, Easter shirts done too. I used the good old Oliver + S Sketchbook pattern for these. The two younger boys have the long sleeve shirts while J's is short sleeve. The younger boys didn't need any new shirts but J does so I wanted something he could wear after Easter too. If I have time after making their pants I will make him a long sleeve one too. 
J has grown so much in the past 6 months that he needs a bunch of new clothes. I did buy him a few patterns that I will be getting to soon I hope. I am looking forward to making him some clothes! (I hope he is too.)

Well back to the shirts, I found this fabric at Hancock's fabrics. The have lots of shirting fabric that is a 100 percent cotton. It feels so nice to the touch too, light weight and super soft. I want to go back and buy more fabrics in the different colors for J for more shirts. It's nice to sew with too. However it does wrinkle something awful but it does press really well too. The good  and the bad I guess.

I am getting much better at long sleeve plackets too! The younger boys didn't want long sleeve shirts but these were more for mama this year. They don't need any short sleeve shirts at all and I love, love to the look of the long sleeve shirt.

Here is J's shirt. I added three inched to the length of this so he can tuck it in if he wants too. I tried to pattern match as best I could for all their pockets too. They say they love them. Now all to do is make the pants for them....

While making these button holes I had a bit of a mishap. I marked all the shirts at once to make the button holes, or so I thought. I made the first two shirts them the next day I went to make the button holes on the third. When I looked at it no markings at all. hhhmmm. I was really tired so I guess that I just didn't get to this shirt. When I went to mark out the button holes  (again) I then realized real quick I used a disappearing marker. Duh! The was a bit left from the day before but the marks were very hard to see. Lesson learned that when I mark button holes I'll be sure to make them right before I sew.

Last but not least is Sweet pea's dress. The photo to the left is what I hope the smocking to look like when her dress is done and to the left is my first ever bullion roses. For her dress I am trying out some new things. I am making mods to the Fairy tale dress from Oliver + S so I am hoping and praying that it turns out. You see this year Sweet pea requested a dress so I am hoping to make the one she wants, or at least close to it.
Well back to my smocking!
I hope you sewing is going well too!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the smocking and bullion rose making is going well! I love the boys' outfits!


I would love to hear your comments