Monday, November 22, 2010

The stocking were hung with care...

I have been so busy this past couple of weeks with sewing projects! I finished on Friday Sweet pea's stocking for Christmas. I wanted to make her stocking to look like it was for a girl but still match the boys' stockings so I found red and green fabric that has a gold metallic paint on them that make them shimmer in the Christmas lights.
Here is my hubby's and one son's stocking. My mom made them a few years ago. Sadly she isn't able to sew any more
so that is why I made Sweet pea's and not her. :( My mom could sew anything! That is how I learned how to sew, in fact she and my dad bought my sewing machine for me for Christmas one year when I was a teenager.
And the other two stockings, we also have a matching tree skirt and table runner for the dinning room.


(and yes I did cut her stocking out facing the wrong way, lol, I didn't realize it until I completely finished it. I pieced quilted the thing so I wasn't about to start over again. I think it does look neat facing a different direction since she is the only girl.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments