Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Red Rose Skirt

My mom had sent me a couple of boxes of fabric that she wasn't using a couple of months ago (my favorite kinda mail!). In the boxes was this beautiful scrap piece of red rose fabric not even a 1/4 of a yard and this strip of white print on white fabric that wasn't even as much as of the red fabric. It didn't take me long to decide I was going to make Sweet pea a skirt out of it. Thank goodness it doesn't take a lot of fabric to make her a skirt. :)



I made the skirt double her waist measurement plus I added 2" for growing for the width around and and 10" long (that is before the waist band was sewn for the elastic waist). The ruffle at the bottom was 1.5x the waist width and 2" long. I had cut the ruffle 4" long, pressed it in half and gathered it; then stitched it to the bottom of the skirt. It was really quick to make, maybe 30 minutes.



I had planned this skirt for Valentine's Day but I think it works very well for Christmas too.




Here Sweet pea is playing with the pots and cooking spoons. She just loves opening the cabinets up and getting anything she can grab.


Notice the hair bow is gone? That is her new thing, she will pull it off of her head and clap her hands and say YAY! Of course mommy would love for her to leave it in. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments