Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Apple Picking Dress Pattern Review

 Let me start off I made this dress Sunday night, the night before I had my surgery. I haven't even thought about making anything since then yet,well maybe thought about it lol. This is the one of the three new patterns for Oliver + S, it's called the Apple Picking Dress. This pattern is already favorite of mine!
 The dress sews up quickly, it took my about 3 hours but not any more than three hours. There isn't really a lot of pattern pieces to this dress, only 9. The directions are very easy to follow and the end results are stunning!
 The collar is cut along the bias and has these beautiful ties that go into a lovely bow at the front neck line. The front of the dress has two rows of buttons that goes down into a drop waist line. Only one row of the buttons really work as to keep the dress from being heavy form the button plackets. Very lovely detail!
 This was the perfect dress to make before surgery, I love the little dress on my Sweet pea. It is short enough for her to play in but still beautiful enough for church on Sunday morning.
Happy Sewing!!

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments