Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dr Suess Jelly Roll Pillow

 Well I did it! I finally finished Mr W's reading pillow!!It took months of sewing a bit here and there but now it's done.
 I used the pattern from the Moda Bakeshop site. You can find it here if you would like to make one too. The pattern calls for a jelly roll pack of fabric but I used {6} 1/2 yards of different fabric prints cut into 2 1/2" strips that ran the whole width of the fabric. It was just a bit more work but not bad. 
 One fish, two fish
Red fish, blue fish
 It makes a lovely reading pillow for the nice sunny summer day.
I used twill for the backing so it would hold up nicely to the hard ground outside and hold up nicely to little boys tuff and ruff play.
 All my kids love this pillow and would love one like it too. I can tell you that it will take a while to make four more. ;)
Happy Sewing & Happy Reading!

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic!!! What a wonderful job! I have a vintage sheet that I am going to have to use to make one of these for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments