Monday, July 23, 2012

Quick Cut Kit Review and Some Burp Clothes!

 While at Wal-mart the other day I seen these cut little Quick Cut kits to make a baby a burp cloth, hand blanket and bib. All very cute and very nice priced. So I thought why not give it try, Prince C could use some more burp cloths and bibs!
 The instructions tell you how to cut all the fabric pieces and how to assemble. The blanket has flannel, cotton, satin and minky in it. Very lovely for baby to hold. Very easy sewing as well!
 The burp cloth is the size of the old cloth diapers, great size for a burp cloth! Both sewn up very quickly, only a couple of hours for both. About a nap time worth. (Although I still haven't started the bib yet.) I am planing on using the cutting instructions to make a few more burp clothes. I might just use the bib fabric to make another too.
Here are two burp clothes I made up as well. These only took about five minutes to make from start to finish just using scraps of flannel I had on hand. I just cut out a a rectangle them rounded the corners. Pinned both sides together with wrong sides facings then serged the edges together. Easy Peasy!! Prince C loves the colors of these, very bright. I love simple sewing. :)

Happy Sewing!!

Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments