Thursday, October 30, 2014

Leprechaun costume For Mr W


Last year Wyatt's request for a Halloween costume was a Leprechaun costume but I was pretty sick an unable to get much of anything done. He agreed to be Hiccup again if I promised to make it for him this year so a promise is a promise; here it is!    

Wyatt's is mostly the same as Garrett's in the top and vest are both costume and Christmas outfit. I used Ellie Inspired Charlie's Camp shirt and Dapper lad vest for both. Both are such lovely patterns and have been sewn many, many times already.  I just cannot sew one. ;-) (I do love the collar!!) Wyatt's vest also has the real welt pockets for his golden treasures and golden buttons finish his vest and pants. I bought the hat and added the green ribbon and four leaf clover him. A hip modern leprechaun he is!

The back of vest is finished with a belted button tie. He is such a skinny fellow that I want to be able to adjust it as needed.



The pants are Oliver + S Sail boat pants in a size 7. I love the look of these pants on him but he will not wear them other than costume pants, oh well. Maybe Sarah will get these after Halloween.  I used a green twill with golden buttons. Over all he was very happy with his costume as well. I can't wait to see what the kiddos come up with next year!

Happy Sewing!!

Sharon  



6 comments:

  1. It is a fabulous costume and I am so glad to hear you are so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! He has a real eye for creativeness. Yes. I feel so much better than last year. I have a ways to go still but I have come a far way from where I was.

      Delete
  2. He's such an awesome Leprechaun :)
    The waiting was totally worth it (specially, since you're feeling much better now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does "play" the part doesn't he? He was so very nice is wanting for me to make this. He request for next year? Santa Clause. I love this boy. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love everything about the costume. He is very handsome Leprechaun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! He was very pleased with the costume but wanted to know where his pot of gold was, hehehe.

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments