Friday, October 31, 2014

The Tinsel Party dress


This is another new dress pattern from Ellie Inspired, the Tinsel party dress. It has a love two piece from bodice with organza at the top and a 4 tulle underskirt to make for some wonderful twirling for any little girl. The pattern also includes a lattice smocked sash but I went with a silver sparkling waist band by request of Sweet pea.



Sweet pea did pick out all her fabrics for this dress so that is why is does have a "Queen Elsa" feel to it. (She really love that movie!) I really love the winter feels this dress has to it myself. I did use an organza skirt overlay but the pattern does call for fabric (aka satin, cotton) so it does make her dress a bit puffy. It is a bit hard to see but that back has a button closer. She chose some "diamond" looking buttons for her dress.



Now as for the pattern, the dress sewn up very quickly. It only took my about three hours and that is with all the tulle layers. Very easy to sew too. The pattern instructions were great. There really are not a lot of pattern pieces to print out so that is  huge plus for me. I can see this dress sewn in  a lawn for summer time but I will leave the tulle under skirt off and make the bodice front a one piece. I have some very special lawn pink fabric I have been saving for just the right pattern to come along.

So over all this dress was a huge hit with my daughter and I am very happy with it too. Now she will have a princess party dress for New Years ready to go!

You can find the pattern Tinsel party dress pattern here.


Happy Sewing!!

Sharon

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Sharon! I love those layers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It was not much fun sewing all those layers of tulle but oh so worth it just to see Sweet pea's face light up when she tried it on.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! She looks much better than Elsa :)
    These tulle layers are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is so much fun to see her twirl in her dress and play like she is at a ball. It really is a lovely pattern and I want to try one in lawn for summer time.

      Delete
  3. So gorgeous! I love the big ol' poofy skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, it's a dress perfect for my little girl.

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments