Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Work in Progress

 I started this outfit yesterday afternoon. I am so excited to finish it too! It is my first time using the Swing Set pattern for Oliver + S. I had a bit of trouble with part of it where the arm holes are finished but I was lucky to find Nicole's wonderful detailed post on the making of this top. You can find it here. After that it was smooth sailing.
I bought this pattern at a local quilt shop last summer, a little hidden treasure seeing how the pattern is discontuined. I had to wait a whole year for Sweet pea to grow into this pattern! Well worth the wait too! I think the Sarah Jane's Children at Play fabric line is perfect fabric for the Oliver + S patterns. I seen this print and knew it had to be made into this top. All I need is to find the right buttons and start and finish the skirt!
More to come...

Happy Sewing!!
Sharon



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments