Monday, August 10, 2015

Children's Corner Mamie Dress and a Sew a Long



Hello again! I know it's been a while since I posted but I have been off sewing lots and I have been having fun in the sun with the kids!  While I was gone I sew my very first Children's Corner pattern, I do not know why it has taking me so long to sew one!! I love it!! (I have my second Children's Corner pattern ready to sew right now on my cutting table, new cutting that is too.)  

I will be teaching how to sew this dress for a Sew a-long over at Whimsical Fabrics here in a week. For a added bonus if you buy this kit in either the blue or pink color way you will get a free hand embroidery pattern with your kit.  (It's one of my very own patterns!) I will be teaching how to make this little deer on the first lesson. 




This dress is part of missy's back to school clothes. She loves everything pink, deer and horses now so this dress really fits the bill! I love the classic look of this dress. The length is perfect for school for the play ground and the ruffle sleeves are just the right touch. I love that this dress can have a long sleeve shirt under it as well for when fall arrives here. 


I really love how quick this dress sewn up and love the yoke bodice, it's really a perfect spot to add some fun on this dress. I am also love the rick rack sleeve detail. The pattern included very helpful instructions on adding it. 


So will you join us in a fun sew long?!? 

The sew along starts August  17th and will run four days. You can find the kits over at Whimsical Fabrics for sale, including the deer fabric kit with the Embroidery pattern included. The sew along will be held over on the Whimsical Fabrics Sew Along blog. 


Happy Sewing and I hope you come join us!! 

Sharon 

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Children's Corner patterns (my first ever was the Mallory and have been collecting them ever since) - the fit is always great and their instructions are really clever! (I also love the fabric that each size is traced separately).
    The Mamie dress is one that I keep sewing for my girl every summer. Love your version so much (the embroidery is so beautiful) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love that each size is separate too! This is only one thing why I love this pattern company. I love seeing all the ones you have made, the Frannie is next up!! I am so excited to be sewing it.

      Delete
  2. That is about as sweet as it gets, Sharon! Well done. I want to take a class from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I can join along in the sewing classes even if you do not have the pattern, just click the link above and you can follow along. :) You could also still sew along with us as well. My next dress on the Whimsical Fabrics sew along will be the Bristo dress.

      Delete

I would love to hear your comments