Saturday, December 11, 2010

Teacher's gift: Part 2 coffee cozies

 Yesterday I made the coffee cozies to go into the stockings for my boys' teachers. I have seen them on other blogs but not sure where so I made a tutorial on them.

You will need:
fabric for the front and lining, just scraps will be enough
warm and natural for inside
elastic hair band
button and thread
 ***sew with a 1/4" seam allowance***
                  
                                    
 Step 1; Take a paper coffee band and trace for the pattern, add a 1/4" seam allowance all the way around. Also add a 1/2" to the pattern at the right end of the pattern. On the left side of the pattern mark "place on fold" as in picture.
 Step 2; cut out warm and natural, front fabric and lining fabric.
 Step 3; layer the fabric, front fabric first, lining fabric in the middle and warm and natural on top. Now place the elastic hair band between front and lining fabric, pin in place (be sure to pin on the top of the stack and not in the middle as in my picture, I did this so you can see where the elastic band is to go.)


Step 4; sew around with leaving a 3" space open at the bottom middle for turning. Clip the extra off the corners (this is to make sharper corners after turned,)  turn and press.
 Step 5; stitch the opening closed and the whole way around as close the the edge as you can.
 Step 6; sew the button on. I placed my on a cup to see where the button needed to go. There you have a quick and easy gift!
Happy Sewing!
src="http://hadfield.smugmug.com/photos/825895175_xmTVA-O.jpg" />

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I was thinking about making some of these for holiday gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I just featured your tutorial on my post Party Favor Inspirations over at I Burned the Brownies! Come by for a visit

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments