Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Years Party Dress!

 With Christmas coming up very soon I wanted to go ahead a make Sweet pea her New Years Eve dress.  It took longer to make this dress than the others due to a wrapped hand. I fell Tuesday and hurt it pretty good, but thank God it isn't broke (it only took 3 hours after the Xray to tell me this). My whole hand is swollen up and bruised.  Any way back to her new dress! :)
 I made the pattern myself. I seen a pattern on a another blog sight with a bottom close to this, just loved it!  The top I wanted to make look like a wrap around dress but I wanted buttons down the back of the bodice. I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby, the busy flower print was in the remnants bin so I got it for a steal! The fabric inspired me to make this dress!
 Sweet pea was trying her hardest to run away so I had big brother help keep her still, well somewhat still, to take her picture. She kicked off her shoe in her attempts to run away, he he.
 I put buttons down the back of the bodice with a sash tie back. The dress has pipping going around the whole waist too.
 What you think? Not bad for a one armed gal. ;)
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet dress. It turned out great. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bummer about your hand! The dress looks so cute! I love the piping especially! (I am a bit obsessed with piping at the moment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on Tater Tots and Jello! I am loving your blog, I saw it before, but now I am hooked! I would like to invite you to my $50 American Express giveaway and a linky party I have, all going on this week! Happy Holidays! Keep up the great blogging!
    -Dana Jean

    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments