Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wrap Around Dress

 I have been wanting to make Sweet pea a wrap around dress and this fabric look like it was made to be a wrap around dress. While making her New Years dress I figured out how to make this little number. Yes, I did make this pattern too. :) I am having so much fun making her my own designed dresses! There will be a tutorial on this one after the holidays!
 You can't really tell, but this fabric has a sheen to it, perfect for spring but I couldn't wait to make it! lol With the way this dress is made it should fit much longer than a more fitted dress. It has a fully lined bodice which makes it more comfy to wear. It also ties on the inside and then the sash ties wrap around to the back for a big bow.
 This dress went together very easy and quickly, I made it in about 2 hours last night while the kids where sleeping.
 I also made her a matching diaper cover. Too cute!
 Here is what it looks like on the inside of the front, you can't see the small tie on inside though, sorry.
 Remember I told you that she tries to run off now every time I try to take her picture. I placed her on a stool hoping it would slow her down, it really didn't work, lol.
 "How's this mommy?!?" My silly little girl, this is my favorite picture of her.
 "Now I am done, see you later!"


Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! please put up a tutorial soon- would love to make this. Happy holidays miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the little bloomers that match!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments