Two days ago I remembered this polka dot fabric my mom had gave me at Christmas and a pattern from simplicity I had wanted try and thought the two would pair very nice. I love the way the dress turned out! I made the dress the next size up for Sweet pea because her closet is already stuffed full.
The pockets in the front are fully lined and are finished off with a sweet yellow rose.
There are two red buttons on the back, the button holes turned out great! The last two times I made button holes I had to ripe out the stitches three times but this time no problems at all. :)
The sleeves are gathered at the bottom with elestic. I love the puffy sleeves!
The front top has three scalopes in the front on the bodice, a fully lined bodice. I made the bias tape for the inside collar, hand stitched to the dress on the inside (you can see the stitching if you look close, please do I am happy with the way it came out!).
I really loved the way this dress turned out! I am going to make a Valitines dress with the same pattern after I finish the projects for Sweet peas birthday.