Friday, March 4, 2011

Sweet pea's Easter Dress

I am so excited to be done with Sweet pea's Easter Dress! I love the way it came out. There are four rows of beautiful ruffles on the bottom of the skirt and a white flowing bow on the front of her bodice. I made her dress after the one here on Girl. Inspired. This is one of my favorite blog sites, she makes very beautiful clothes and crafts! She also has a wonderful esty shop.

I bought the fabric at Wal-mart. It is the Quick Cuts jelly roll pack and I also bought a fat quarter pack that has the same fabric in it. I love the bright floural print.  

I didn't buy a pattern but made my own. I will admit I am cheap thrifty on some things. I do love making my own patterns though! :)

I used my new surger to finish the ruffles edges with. I am having a lot of fun to learning how to use my serger. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!



Sharon

6 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! So girly and beautiful. I can't wait for spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable dress. I love it. I'm your newest follower. I'm having a party over at http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/ I would love if you stopped by and linked up your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you serged the ruffles. So jealous! I want a serger SO bad!

    Cute blog!
    visiting from
    allaboutmommies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is so cute!!! I love all the ruffles!!

    Stopping by from Skip to my Lou! I would love for you to stop by and enter my first ever giveaway! I have a headband that would look great with this dress :)

    http://livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/03/drum-roll-please.html

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...this is so cute!! I'm now a follower and would love if you checked out my blog as well.

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - I love to see little girls in proper little dresses. The ruffles are gorgeous.

    www.licklepickle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments