Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Pillow Case Dress

I love pillow case dresses! They are so fun and quick to make. :) They are just perfect for the hot weather of summer. I made this dress in my spare time today. I used three different prints of fabric for it.
I made the ties out of fabric, the same print as the bottom of the dress and the pocket. I made my own bias tape for arm hole, a wonderful stripey fabric.

I placed a pocket on it, with a strip of the bias tape running across the top. I used the same fabric to add a small bit of color at the bottom. I am really very happy with this dress that I think I will be making a few more!

 Happy Sewing!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. where did you get the main fabric? ive been looking every where! also how do you know sizing like for a 12 month old? i think im going to try making one similar. first sewing project! scarey!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments