Friday, March 18, 2011

Green Wrap Around Dress

I am a little sad today. I didn't make it to the next round of 1 Month 2 Win it. :( But I still do love the St. Patties Day dress I made Sweet pea. I was planing to make this dress for her for a while now  and I did finally finish it!

I used my Wrap Around Dress pattern, tutorial can be found here  and this dress from American Girl as my insperation. I put my own little twist on it. :) I added a collar that goes the whole way around, lined with green piping. I also changed the sleeves, I made them gathered with a fitted white cuff on the end, lined with the same green piping. It closes with four white buttons insted of the sash ties.


The sleeves are gathered at the top and has a single pleat in it at the bottom where it goes into the cuff. I am happy with the way it turned out but I am bummed that we didn't make it to another week. We did make it this far though!! :) Better luck next time I hope.

And check out little Sweet pea's hair! It is starting to grow in the back, down to the bottom of her neck! Mabe by summer I can put her hair in piggy tails. ;)
Everyone have a great weekend!!

Sharon

4 comments:

  1. The little white cuffs on the sleeves is just perfect! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the piping around the collar and sleeves. What a sweet dress...I love it!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments