Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Flower Dress

I made Sweet pea this adorable dress last night. I seen the tutorial for it over at Sewing in No Mans Land a couple of days ago and just fell in love with it! Her has a gathering stitch and buttons across the top of hers but I made mine with the elastic around the neck line.

Her tutorial was very easy to follow and the dress went together in 1 hour, it would have been less but I made the hem too long and had to take it up about 2". I really do love this dress pattern.  
I used a light weight fabric, very nice for hot weather. And best of all this dress is very confortable too! She has been wearing it all day. :) I am going to make one or two more of these dresses up!

Happy Sewing!!
Sharon

8 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Very pretty! I love your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie pie! perfect spring/ summery dress! thanks for linking up at the project party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!!! oh and the dress is nice too :) hehe. love the dress and the cute little girl it's on

    I'd love for you to link this up to my new link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little one gets more adorable everyday! I love the fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute Sweet pea! :.D

    Currently I'm planning to sew this dress for my little cutie. Can you tell me how wide and long you made the two main pieces? This would be so great of you. Thank you! :.)

    (I'm subscribing the comments of this post.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pedilu
    I took one of her shirts to get the top/waist width. I then figuered out how wide I wanted the bottom, (just eyed it) then drew a strait line to the two. It made a angle like the side of the "A". I tryied it on her to get the hem lenght right after I finished the top of the dress. At first it was way too long. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Sharon! :.)
    It definitely helps to get a little assessment. As a beginner it is always so hard to decide for the right measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pedilu,
    let me know how it comes out. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments