Good evening everyone! I hope you ladies are having a great week so far. :) Today I had some fun with a three fat quarters I had that was sitting upon my shelf in my sewing room. I took my Bubble Dress pattern, (the same one I had made from Friday night) and changed it up a bit.
First of I cut my fat quarters up in half and then sewn three together with a edge stitching between on the center panel, then I added 2" to the front and back skirt, then cut out as normal. I added a boarder to the lining skirt and hemmed the top skirt with a 5/8" hem insted of making it into the bubble. The top and bottom of the lining are all scrap fabric I had from the last bubble dress.
The border of the lining peeks out from the bottom of the skirt
Add a little label to the side...
I had to show ya'll the inside too! I hand stitched the top bodice lining to the top of the skirt lining. I am very happy with the way it came out. I only had one button though so tomorrow off to Hobby Lobby to buy another pack or two!! Maybe some fabric... ;)
Happy Sewing Ladies!!